Insiders are statistically more likely to be the root cause of any privacy and security breach. What are examples of that kind of risky business?
- Assuming staff knows what to do when they see a phishing email.
- Assuming staff knows what to do if they click when they shouldn’t.
- Assuming staff will never inappropriately use or disclose PHI for personal reasons.
- Assuming your tech team has everything covered.
- Assuming everyone will know what to do when an incident happens.
- Assuming everyone really understands HIPAA.
This session explains what you should do now to make sure you aren’t the one that says, “I assumed….” after an incident occurs. HIPAA actually helps you with most of this.
Who should attend?
*Physicians of Medical Practices
*All staff that work at medical practices will greatly benefit from this.