Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
MGMGMA 02/19/20 Compliance
February 19, 2020
RISKY BUSINESS - ASSUMING YOU DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT INSIDERS
Click here to view the speaker's bio
Security and Compliance 2020
Insiders are statistically more likely to be the root cause of any privacy and security breach. What are examples of that kind of risky business?
- Assuming staff knows what to do when they see a phishing email.
- Assuming staff knows what to do if they click when they shouldn’t.
- Assuming staff will never inappropriately use or disclose PHI for personal reasons.
- Assuming your tech team has everything covered.
- Assuming everyone will know what to do when an incident happens.
- Assuming everyone really understands HIPAA.
This session explains what you should do now to make sure you aren’t the one that says, “I assumed….” after an incident occurs. HIPAA actually helps you with most of this.
Who should attend?
*Physicians of Medical Practices
*All staff that work at medical practices will greatly benefit from this.
(Platinum - click on logo to go to their website)
Gold Business Partners
Bronze Business Partners
Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 9:30 AM until 12:30 PM
Registration cancellations will be accepted until Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Any Cancellations made no later than Monday noon prior to an event will not be penalized. If received after Monday noon all steps will be taken from keeping the registrant from being penalized. This will be at the discretion of the board will be no more than the amount which the facility charges the association.